Saturday, April 11, 2009

Meaningful Quotes from Mother Teresa


Well, Mother Teresa, I am not, but I am frequently inspired by her life. Most especially her actions and compassion for the poor. She reminds me that an ordinary woman (though, I know many of you would argue she was far from ordinary) can be a mother to many. She did that by nurturing those she came in contact with through providing life essentials, a caring touch, and her compassionate words.

"We have to love until it hurts. It is not enough to say, 'I love.' We must put that love into a living action. And how do we do that? By giving until it hurts"

"We must know that we have been created for greater things, not just to be a number in the world, not just to go for diplomas and degrees, this work and that work. We have been created in order to love and to be loved."


These words nurture, and regardless of faith or belief system, I think most would agree that at the essence of how we live, without knowing and actively loving, we risk becoming little more than a shell. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes - that woman really got it - in the most inspired way.

    That first quote...it really grabs me. That's what feels good, giving until it hurts.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful quotes- thanks

    ReplyDelete